Friday, October 12, 2007

Questions One Should Never Ask A Lady

Some people. Just have no qualms about digging for people's secret origins and everything. You know who I'm talking about. Yes, YOU. And YOU!

But I guess I won't be divulging anything that I haven't already divulged. Or anything that hasn't been divulged by others, whether I will or no. So may as well make a post of it.

Your birthday when?

I suppose I could tell you straight out, but honestly, I prefer to be bent. Besides, I've only blogged about it three times before.

By the way, just like Sam, I'm a Thursday's child (far to go, they say).

Eh, you now how old already, ah?
I suppose I could tell you straight out, but... oh fine, then.

Thirty. One.

Happy now?

You born out where?
The same provincial town as Sam, too. Except I call the place Chiselstone. Or Saltertown.

Your first time celebrated your birthday is when ah?
I first celebrated my birth one month after that I was born. Or rather, my family celebrated while I did whatever one-month olds do - probably either sleeping or crying or drinking milk (while half-asleep or half-crying).

My family continued celebrating my birthdays too until I was old enough to actually know it was my birthday. That would probably be about the age of two or three. I even have proof they celebrated it, the dearies.



You next time birthday is when leh?
Depends on when I feel like growing older. Maybe in a decade.

Or in my next life.

You can remember or not you got get present on your birthday?
I'm 31. Not senile. Of course I remember getting presents on my birthdays!

I even remember getting presents not on my birthday, but that's not the point, is it?

So your birthday that time you want what 3 thing har?
Lemme see...

What I really really need is a complete kitchen makeover. Well, makeover's kind of an overstatement cos I don't even have much of a kitchen to start with. Which is why I really need this.

What I'd really really like is a one-month all-expense paid trip to Melbourne. Or London. Or Kyoto.

But, just for the night of my birthday, I'd like to have hot, handsome hunk who'd sleep with me the whole night and make me breakfast the morning after. Doesn't matter if he's paid to do it. In fact, even better if he is, cos he'd be obliged to fulfil the terms of service.

Your birthday ah, what kind of presents you want?
Simple, really.

Anything that's functional, and looks good on me or in my apartment.
Stuff that's been made personally by the giver (if they are good at it), or stuff that's been custom-made for me.
Books.
Furniture.
Electronics.

I even accept cash.

You want to celebig... celbrake... aiyah you wan pak tik with who?
Close friends and family. Maybe not all at the same time.

How you wan the pak tik for your birthday?
With food. At a picnic, in a restaurant, a home-cooked meal around the family dining table, I'm not particular about it.

What matters is the company of good food and the fill of good friends.


Now that this is done, everyone (the two who tagged me, in particular) should know what to do when my birthday comes around again. I don't mind celebrating it next year if I can get the three stated presents.

Or at least either the first or second, plus the third. Hehe.

15 Comments:

Kit said...

march huh? piscean? how interesting, so am i. haha. yeah the kitchen refit is a great gift idea. oh have to draw up a wish list now, march is just around the corner...

Anonymous said...

Happy B'earlier/Belated Birthday ws since this is a b'day related post. =p

-(formerly known as)AshAngelo

adrien said...

did someone say furniture? ;)

drownedglass said...

Kit:
Just around the corner? They haven't even started Christmas sales yet...

Ash:
Hey Ash! Thanks, although it's either 7 months late or 5 months early. Hehe.

By the way, miss your blog! :-(

adrien:
Someone says it again: Furniture!

pakcik said...

i cant afford with to give you any of your list lah...can you consider a dinner??

savante said...

Or pakcik could do a slow striptease. :P

Anyway don't you have enough furniture yet? You want a Tibetan stool?

Kit said...

hee hee. i like the word 'stool'. the neighbor's maid and my cat have both left stools outside my house. haha. ooo note to self, must cut down on sugar. having a touch of the crazies here. but still, stool is funny.

drownedglass said...

pakcik:
Only if dinner comes with a strip show. Pole is optional.

savante:
Unfortunately, I still lack a proper kitchen.

Kit:
Haha. That's exactly what I thought when wingedman considered throwing a stooluck party :P

pakcik said...

if i do you a strip show..what can u give me back in return??? i dont do that for free you know..ha ha

Anonymous said...

how bout taking a sabbatical next year on your bday?

thompsonboy said...

Am I supposed be bonny and blithe and good and gay?

I guess they got the gay and boney part right. Ahem.

Sam said...

Hmmm, maybe we can consider throwing you a party next year for tagging you. :P

drownedglass said...

pakcik:
Cheh. Dinner and show should be one package mah. Sejak bila orang kasi hadiah nak minta balasan pulak? Kedekutnye...

b:
Sounds good. Except I doubt japs understand sabbatical :P
But it would be nice to go on holiday and pay you a visit. Care to sponsor me? Hehe

thompsonboy:
It's bonny, my dear ;-)

Sam:
Don't think tags were on my wish list, you punk.

the ugly submarine said...

You have a quirky sense of humor! Cute!

Ganymede said...

Hehehe. Celebrate in a decade or next life. :P

Its not that bad right celebrating bdays? Its fun!