Sunday, September 30, 2007

pulling, pushing

Couldn't pull my thoughts together enough to write a proper post so I'm gonna just pull this from my junk box archives. Wrote this a long, long time ago. It was back when I was just starting my first real relationship, and of course, this was the harbinger of how it was to be and how it would end.

pulling, pushing
know not where to go
wind is blowing
does the heart follow?
memory, dreaming
which is the echo?
pulling, pushing
bind my hands so

hither, tither
petals in the wind
bloom and wither
heart is wearing thin
wither my wandering
home, the next hill?
pulling, pushing
but only standing still

7 Comments:

savante said...

Doesn't this fit into your now defunct poetry blog?

Janvier said...

Unapropriately, the song 'Turning' from Les Mis plays in our mind. :S

adrien said...

now that janvier has mentioned it, Dusty Springfield's "Wishing and Hoping" playing in mine.

drownedglass said...

savante:
Well, it does, but as you said, that's now defunct and so here it is :P

Janvier:
Actually that's quite appropriate, considering that song had, to some small extent, an influence on the writing of this :-)

adrien:
LOL. From "Turning" to "Wishin' & Hopin'". It's all in the rhyme and repetition ;-)

Will said...

There will be more than pushing and pulling when you come back. Probably a lot of hair-grabbing and face-scratching too if I don't see my blog link somewhere at the FRONT PAGE.

It doesn't have to be first, but I'm now relegated to ALPHABETICAL ORDER? WTF?

daniel henry said...

niceeee

drownedglass said...

wingedman:
Alphabetical order wouldn't have been that bad had I listed by blog titles, but honey, you had to choose to call yourself wimmen. Oh I meant wingedman.

And as for front page, your blog pops up there too at random times. If you reload the page enough times you're bound to see it sooner or later :P

danielhenry:
thankeee