Monday, September 10, 2007

Learning To Love Myself: Touchy Taichi

I love myself, I want you to love me
When I'm feeling down, I want you above me
I search myself, I want you to find me
I forget myself, I want you to remind me
The Divinyls : I Touch Myself


Here's a declaration: I just LOVE BodyBalance 38!

Ok. So I am rather partial to the BodyBalance programme, and I love most releases. But this latest one is definitely going back to the more relaxed tone of the older releases, as opposed to all the excitement we've had over the past year. Which, to me, is a darn good thing.

There were some new poses thrown in, but nothing so complicated that it would threaten to blow one's mind (or break one's leg). No strange, twisting (and tendon-spraining) poses. No back-breaking bends. No oh-my-god-we're-only-halfway-through eight minutes of standing strength. No can-I-die-yet abs track.

No Seal.

This time round, it's back to basics. Long, deep breaths. Easing into positions. Connecting with yourself. And, of course, more beautiful music including one of my all time faves - The Pretender's I'll Stand By You (yay!) - and a really cool cover of Phil Collin's In The Air Tonight.

Oh, who am I kidding. I love it only because right from the word go, the taichi warmup just put me in a real happy mood - one hand running down the opposite arm all the way across the chest, repeat on other side. Boy, did that feel good!

...

Obviously, I haven't been laid in quite a while.

6 Comments:

Janvier said...

You were at Jam on Sunday? At The Curve???

We've never stepped into a BodyBal class before...and have no time to do so now. :S

Anonymous said...

maybe you should come up with your very own BodyTouch, Les Mills expansion :P

drownedglass said...

janvier:
Nah, not at the Curve :-)

jl:
Hmm... don't give me ideas :P

asm@di said...

bodybalance has ANOTHER new release?!

man, am so out of touch with gym these days it's frightening (the shape of my body that is)

thompsonboy said...

Ha, I think there's just something dramatic about In The Air Tonight

drownedglass said...

asm@di:
Yeah, nowadays every few months got new release...

thompsonboy:
Music used for BodyBalance is quite often dramatic... Especially when it comes to standing strength :-)