Friday, September 28, 2007

Better Be Home Soon

Stripping back the coats of lies and deception
Back to nothingness, like a week in the desert
*
I know I'm right for the first time in my life
That's why I tell you, you'd better be home soon
Crowded House : Better Be Home Soon

Can't believe how the project just drags on and on and on. At this rate, I'll be staying in this cowboy town on the wrong end of the bridge for half a year. This is truly sad.

True, there are perks. Allowances plus lower cost of living means I actually have more money then I normally do. Of course, increased liquidity also means I don't hesitate splurging on stuff like books, clothes and wireless coffee. Especially wireless coffee. I need my wifi fix more badly than I need caffeine. And that's saying a lot.

But I just feel cut off.

Cut off from my office, like I don't even work there.

Cut off from my friends, who give me a semblance of a social life (with Scrabulous becoming more addictive than blogging as a rather weak but offbeat way of waving hi to a few of 'em).

Cut off from my personal epicenter, my home.

Sigh. Just as well I have no one waiting for me back in the valley. I'd probably be dumped by now.

9 Comments:

savante said...

Who's gonna dump a sweetie like you?

daniel henry said...

where the hell are you? come exchange place...

Ganymede said...

I know how you feel. My campus is located in a god forsaken place. Far far away from civilization. *sob sob

I want my tall buildings and endless sales dem it.

Janvier said...

O.o

Aiyo. Cannot make a quick zoom back for a couple of days over the weekend?

adrien said...

heck, i'm hidden in cyberjaya too. not THAT far compared to QR though, but you get what i mean.

give and take i suppose. it'll all be worth while in the end, no?

thompsonboy said...

Easier to be on the other side and see than in your shoes and feel what you feel. Can't say I know what to say but if it makes you feel better, we all sleep alone at night.

drownedglass said...

savante:
Well, there's nobody to dump me. That's the point!

danielhenry:
Erm... maybe not...

Queer Ranter:
Stuck in the woods, eh? Yeah, guess I'm still better off here :P

Janvier:
I do, sometimes. But it'll have to be really quick like a 24-hour trip.

adrien:
Adrien, Adrien, Adrien. Cyberjaya is not far by any means lah. I have to drive 4 hours to get back home if I wanna see my home...

thompsonboy:
Always is. But thanks for that.
...
Damn. Now "Somewhere Out There" keeps playing in my head.

Will said...

I don't sleep alone at night *flip hair*

I sleep with my bantal busuk. BTW it's your turn on Scrabulous.

But can't wait for you to be back oso. i want my Pizza Hut voucher dammit. There's a Cheezy Bites out there with both our names on it.

drownedglass said...

Honey, is that why you keep asking when the fuck I'll be back? JUST TO USE MY PH VOUCHER??? Humph. I'll share it with you just to see you get fatter with each bite.

Obesity loves company, after all.

Seriously, do you bring your bantal busuk on your long haul flights? What if it gets confiscated by airport security?

"Sorry, sir, we'll have to take that smelly pillow. No plants, insects and biohazardous bed items allowed into the country"