Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Kicking Off The Final Quarter

How bazaar. With the numerous seasonal stalls set up beneath the blaze of the evening sun, sizzling and simmering with such delicacies like ayam percik, murtabak, and char kuey tiao, I could, for a tiny moment, imagine the limited visibility on my drive home was due to the sheer volume of aromatic smoke rising from the grilling of innumerable fats. Alas, no. It was the damned haze.

BodyBalance #34. They said this release wasn't so difficult. They neglected to mention the 8 agonising minutes of standing strength.

BodyJam #38. Honestly, I'm not that much of a diehard BodyJammer. Having said that, I'm loving this release more than I'm liking the latest BodyBalance. Fun fun fun!

BodyAttack #54
. Haven't done this yet. Hope to find the time for it soon. Meantime, I hear one of the tracks will feature Hung Up - a timely reminder that the past twelve months were indeed The Year of Madonna.

Zoom. Don't ask me why but I've been watching one brainless movie after another. Saves me from having to think, I guess. This latest one is probably the dumbest one yet. Still, it's bimbo-ically funny (or painfully annoying, depending on how you see it) to see little Ryan Newman in her role (yes, Ryan's a girl) as the superstrong six-year old who alternates between frilly pink costumes and fluffy pink costumes. Her "I'm a Princess!" declaration was uncannily similar to dear Princess Willa's. Perhaps the tiny terror sought coaching from our HRH?

Kittybrick. The newest craze courtesy of the evil breeders at McD's. Bearbrick does Hello Kitty in an unholy cross-species coupling, or simply Pussy in Disguise?

8 Comments:

Will said...

FYI, I do NOT go around proclaiming that I'm a Princess. People just assume, from my queenly mien, and I merely deign to acknowledge.

Anonymous said...

i just did the bodybalance release yesterday. any other day i would say it's another yoga class, but yesterday, since i have just recovered from a fever, by the time i finished that standing track i started seeing the world in black and white, literally. then i walked out of the class during balance track to cool off.

yeah, agonising that track (i'm gonna try it again)

savante said...

Queenly mien reminiscent of Elizabeth? :) But we bow to you, our princess as always.

Paul

Jay said...

Laugh all you like, but right now, armies of little girls are making their dads eat Happy Meals every day to finish off their collections.

makemeinthemood said...

dude,
the new neil gaiman is out. just got mine at borders. thought i should give you a heads up in case you didn't know.

drownedglass said...

wingedman:
Oh ampun tuanku!


asm@di:
I've decided to stay away from the more sadistic Balance instructors while this new release is still on :P

savante:
Bow low enough and you may just escape the "Off with his head" thing :)


Jay:
Actually my friend just walked in and bought them without buying any food or drink. And do you really think those little girls would allow their dads to even go near their Happy Meals?


makemeinthemood:
Thanks for the tip, dude! Except that wingedman got to me some 5 hours earlier than you did :P I'll be sure to look for it!

Spot said...

As at yesterday, Borders no longer had copies. Grrr.

I'm distraught. Teri Hatcher as the voice of the Other Mother?? *Heave*

p/s - Queenly mien...heheheh...you know, I'm going to be SO disappointed if Will doesnt look like Audrey IRL. :D

executorlouis said...

What new Neil Gaiman?! Omg, i am so out of touch. *runs to Borders*