Thursday, October 19, 2006

Morning, Mmm Mmm Mmm

There are days when I manage to pull myself out of bed early enough to take a little time to sit down at the coffeeshop and have a morning meal before I head into the office. I like doing that. The morning's still early enough not to be hot, and the air is about as fresh as it can get - though I wouldn't ask for too much, considering I live in a city built in a valley, and especially not in these times of horrifyingly humid haze. But I digress...

There is something nice and nostalgic about sitting down in a freshly pressed shirt to enjoy freshly prepared breakfast. Reading news fresh from the day's papers. Sipping on a hot cup of fresh kopi o. Served with a cute, fresh-faced brown-skinned foreign boy.

...

Oh.

I meant "by". Served by.

Ahem.

Yes, it's always nice to have a fresh start on a new day. Pity how often it just goes downhill from there.

8 Comments:

Anonymous said...

I only get to start my day like that if I'm travelling somewhere for work - otherwise I drive straight into my normal office.

As for the cute barista... my usual branch of Starbucks in Newcastle (that I visited during my lunch hour) often had many cute baristas. Turned out the manager was gay :)

Ry said...

When i was staying in usj, i spend 90 minutes driving to work.

so i can finish my paper, my coffee, my breakfast and sometimes gel my hair too

and my power-window switch is a bit cranky now cause i spill coffee onto it.

p.s.
nice blog, i stumbled in by accident

Jay said...

God I miss kopi-o. Nothing - not even Starbucks' priciest frothiest most boutique-y concoction - comes close.

savante said...

Ah, I miss that too. Make that hot tea and dim sum. Leave for work much too early these days for early morning breakfasts.

Anonymous said...

Kopi-o is black coffee with sugar? I don't take sugar. I make an exception for Starbucks' gingerbread lattes at Christmas, but generally stick to the sugar-free options if I have syrup. I managed to get served black, sugarless coffee though I don't know what it's called.

And I never have milk in tea, or condensed milk in anything, so I didn't try the infamous teh tarik.

drownedglass said...

stephen:
And that is why they shouldhire more gay managers :)

And yes, kopi-o is black coffee with sugar. Without sugar, it's called kopi-o kosong (lit. empty black coffee)

joery:
Well welcome to my blog! Just don't spill any coffee on it ;)

Jay:
No, it really doesn't. So when you gonna come back for a visit la?

savante:
By that I guess you must be leaving early enough to have supper before going in.

Sam said...

Who doesn't love a hottie with his kopi-O? =P

drownedglass said...

Sam:
Thanks for popping by and leaving all those comments :) Selamat Hari Raya to you. Hope you're having fun in Johor