Thursday, November 29, 2007

Of Food, Fun and Friends

Gathering around tables is something most people do. Whether it is over dinner or over a round of drinks, the table has always been a place for conversation and company. Unsurprisingly, I've been doing the dinner/drinks rounds with various friends over the last week or two. I've been constantly away for so long that I'm losing track of what's what and who's doing who, so it was good to finally be back for a longer period of time.

So around I went, though they were all spontaneous gatherings. From fine dining with the who's-whos of blogging (or rather, more appropriately, who-weres) at Alexis, to sinful dining at Delicious; from dai chow at Kota Damansara, to teh halia in Puchong and Bukit Jalil; it's been seriously fun. And fattening.

But heck, it's all in the name of compadre-ship.

In the end, I figured for once, I'd do the catching up in the comfort of my own home. It's about time to polish up my rusty culinary skills, anyway. So I whipped up a simple meal in my simple kitchen, and simply called some people over for a simple dinner.

No, I didn't plan a party, nor was I doing a do. It was, for all intents and purposes, instant noodles and canned tuna. With a side of mushrooms. And of course, fruit salad for desert, while we watched High School Musical on my 14" TV (gawd, I really need to get a much bigger one).

The simple things in life can be nice, so long as there's good company :-)

Thanks to Slim and Kevin for bringing drinks, and to Chris and 38kia for doing the dishes!

6 Comments:

Magus Young said...

wee...bloggers gathering are so fun, wadeva the gatherings are for...and the food ... the food..

savante said...

Food. Glorious food! Seems like you'r eturning into a flogger! ;)

Little Prince said...

:)

Anonymous said...

'The simple things in life can be nice'...

you couldnt have said it better...

drownedglass said...

Magus_Young:
Actually, it wasn't so much a bloggers gathering than it was a reunion of old friends who haven't seen each other since... ever :P

savante:
LOL. If I'm a flogger, does that make you the floggee?

daniel henry:
:) back at ya

b:
Hehe. It's pretty much my motto

thompsonboy said...

ya allah...first nude salad and now nude noodles....nudistnya