Tuesday, August 21, 2007

High On The Hill

What an amazing time
What a family
Gwen Stefani

Gorgeous! Fabulous! Stupendous! Absolutely fucking wild!

Despite the half hour wait. And the anthem preceeding that wait.

She came. She sang. She had us eating out of her hands with simple "terima kasih"s and "you guys are one of the best crowds I've had" (probably says that to everyone, the hussy) and "my father-in-law's wife is from Malaysia which makes her my son's step-great-grandmother, you know" (guess she is a natural blonde then).

Never mind the leotards. She was gorgeous. Absolutely.

Harajuku girls. Cute.

And the male dancers. Hunky. Very.

The band was great. Her backup singer almost stole the show from her.

Youngsters of all races and quite a few nationalities were mingling freely. They were enjoying themselves, even. Not-so-young ones, too!

Yes, the stage was kinda small. But she worked it, running from one end to another. She even ran out to the stands to shake some lucky audience's hands (the bastards).

And the little screen behind showing clips. I so did not get the Sayuri's kelumumur dance (as she sang Early Winter). But those clips of her with that album cover look - stunning.

I bopped. I clapped. I waved. I sang along. I screamed till my throat was hoarse. I'm still hyped up now though I really really should be getting to bed.

What an amazing time indeed.

10 Comments:

Anonymous said...

wish i was there...

savante said...

You mean no one performed wild, disgusting lewd gyrations on the floor while humping each other? I am disappointed. :P

Ganymede said...

You went!~~~

pakcik said...

can u imagine i can see u from afar?? ha ha...and it took ur a while to guess that im the one with burger on the right hand.. haha..

yeah. superb superb superb. i dance and scream like mad till JY think im insane...haha

and i lose my voice too...

drownedglass said...

b:
Wish you were here too... Though I'd rather be there bumming around with you if only I could afford to

savante:
Well, we were all pretty much distracted by her antics, you know

Queer Ranter:
I did!~~~

pakcik:
Like, I didn't even know that was a burger ok.

And aren't you already insane anyway?

Ryan said...

Now I am considering to attend Beyonce's concert!

Kit said...

i hope u jumped up and down and soaked up all those bad influences the authorities feared you would.

pakcik said...

u should know what that was a burger since you keep pestering me to buy food inside the stadium to avoid another grumpy nite from JY.

we should attend Beyonce concert together gether lar..should be fun.. ha ha...

drownedglass said...

Ryan:
Cool! But I do wonder what sort of limits they would impose on her. After all, can't go to a Beyonce concert with no booty-shaking ;-)

Kit:
I jumped up and down! And screamed! And mixed around freely with straight people!

I am so corrupted now...

pakcik:
Well I only noticed the oily fried stuff your kawan tak makan punya... :P

Anyway, Beyonce... I might give that one a pass lah. See how first :-)

pakcik said...

err...JY did makan the same thing that i had that nite lar..

2 mineral water and 2 burger..thats all..