Sunday, August 05, 2007

Dear Dolores

Well, hello there, Ms. O'Riordan. It really has been quite a while, hasn't it? Fancy seeing you again after all this time, and without your gang!

There hasn't been much fanfare, has there? I suppose it's a bit tough these days, having to contend with other breakout names like Gwen and Stacy. Still, I must say you got me excited to see what you've come up with after such a long hiatus. Did ditching your mates result in something new? Something different?

To be perfectly frank, after running through your release, I was a tad disappointed. Still the same old you, aren't you? In a way it's sort of comforting, having the familiar you around instead being confronted with a strange Dolores trying to be someone else. But I do wish you explored a little further rather than just letting in a little more pop.

At this point, the closest comparison I can make is the old you with a slight slant towards Marion Raven. You've got a whole lot more rock cred, of course, but still...

Oh well. It's okay still. I've missed you. You're back. I'm glad you're back. And that's really all that matters.

Yes, Dolores, I really was listening.

4 Comments:

savante said...

Whoa. You are a Dolores fan! Even Andrea Corr came up with a solo.

drownedglass said...

Aduhai...cepatnya budak ni tinggal komen...

Anonymous said...

tu Savante kerjanyer full time commentator and part time MD :P

hmmm... next in line, Shirley Manson :)

joshua said...

I liked the MV though... kinda... sorta... a little