Sunday, December 16, 2007

Absolut Dreamin

Finally. I've gotten hold of the book I've been trying to get for about two months now. Sure I could have bought it over at Borders since the beginning of the month but it's Kinokuniya that's offering it at a cool 30% discount. And of course, the stocks in Kinokuniya get snapped up within a day they hit the shelves. Every single time. Despite the hefty three-figure price tag!

I think I've been doing too well a job in promoting Mr. Gaiman's work, seriously.

But the good people at Kinokuniya called me up yesterday morning to tell me the stock's arrived, and they were nice enough to hold a copy for me. Which was just as well, because when I got to the store last night, there wasn't a single copy of it left on the shelves.

So just what book's been selling like hot cakes? None other than The Absolute Sandman Volume 2, collecting issues 21 to 39 of the acclaimed The Sandman series from Vertigo, with a bunch of bonus materials thrown in, all in heavy, encyclopedia-like hardcover.


I just have to make sure I don't literally drool over the pages.

And of course, it's totally gratifying to get to the counter and see the cashier punch in a RM100 discount. Like, omg, this must be the best deal ever!

Well, that's two down and two more to go.

2 Comments:

savante said...

That's RM 200!!! :O Oh yeah the Black Dossier is out as well!

David The Man said...

Books, glorious books! Got to go to Kinokuniya and get myself some interesting books, yay!

By the way, can you add my blog link on your blog roll list? Please link my blog in your blog, yeah? Thank you.