Saturday, March 31, 2007

Tide Is High

I stepped out, wearing my oversized sunnies and shorts and flip flops. The morning sun kissed my skin, tingling everywhere it touched.

Almost, I could feel the wash of waves over my feet as my toes sink into the sand...

But that's not me. I'm not there. Perhaps it was the thoughts of someone else, somewhere else, brushing against my conciousness. Perhaps.

I've still got sand in my shoes and I can't shake the thought of you.

Got into my little car and cruised down the highways. To the mall, to the mall.

It feels so good, being free on a Saturday. Having to work half-days most Saturdays, I really appreciate it. Having said that, I could get used to a proper two-day weekend. Looking forward to taking my Saturdays for granted.

If I could escape and recreate a place as my own world, and I could be your favourite girl forever, perfectly together. Tell me, baby, now wouldn't that be sweet?

The weekend crowd wasn't all that bad. At least it wasn't maddeningly suffocating. Could use a lot more eye candy, though. But that's what gyms are for. Unfortunately, could use a little more eye candy there too! Just a little bit...

An hour-long BJ session (don't get the wrong idea) - it was fun, and I got through alright despite a weak left knee (courtesy of a fall some days back, courtesy of janitors who constantly mop the locker rooms floors but leave them slippery).

Afterwards, there were candles, cakes (and cupcakes) and the obligatory birthday song. Not for me, of course. For The BF. Not mine. Will's. BF. Oh whatever...

At least now we're all done with the march of the March birthdays.

Go away round the world. Talk to all kinds of girls. But it's me you won't find and you're mine.

Tracey Thorn's got a solo album out. Thought to check it out but seems it hasn't hit our stores yet. Hmm... wonder if I'll have better luck browsing through some erm... alternative channels.

Rain. Feel it on my fingertips. Hear it on my windowpane. Your love's coming down like...

Rain. Felt like a little kid again, with the huge umbrella over my head. I reached out my hands and let the rain slide over my fingers. My feet in their flip flops splashed through the puddles. Nice.

Days of fire, nights of thunder. What is the world coming to?

It was dinner time at my cousin's place. His sister's come to the valley to help take care of his in-confinement wife. Yes, folks, there's yet another March baby in the family. I'm glad that my birthday, at least, is at the beginning of the month - when everyone still has leftover ang pao money, and birthday-celebration-fatigue has not set in.

I'm glad of the home-cooked meals too.

I'm not so glad that the home-cooked meals are outpacing my efforts at the gym. What little there has been, anyway (my efforts at the gym, not the meals - home-cooked or otherwise).

Wishing you were somehow here again. Wishing you were somewhere near.

Well, that guy and his bunch of opera-singing, torch-wielding, bloodthirsty fiends friends are not likely to show up here any time soon, so I've booked myself some (hopefully) good seats to watch them over there.

That chandelier had better be zooming over my head this time -crosses fingers-

Things to look forward to. I am pleased.

10 Comments:

Little Prince said...

mmmm i did that rain umbrella thing too!
soooo good that feeling made me smile... heh

Anonymous said...

It's the little things in life that make everyday special :)

Hope ya have a great time watching POTO ^_^

thompsonboy said...

Tracey is all I hear whenever I am in forums and etc, caught the 1st video and thought it was ok only lor, never did catch the ETBG buzz other than Missing and Tracey In My Room

Janvier said...

We just came back from Fantome! Hands are still stinging from clapping \(^o^)/

Happiness.

The souvenirs were at cut-throat prices though.

makemeinthemood said...

thanks to you i read poppy z brite's exquisite corpse. it was disgusting, horrifying, arousing, revolting, engrossing, disturbing and terrifying. i loved every page!

Anonymous said...

babe, that home-cooked meals are turning you into my pumpkin...

:p

savante said...

An optimistic post from Ws! yay!

Anonymous said...

laid back feel good post... good for ya!

Xav

Anonymous said...

~~~~~~~~~~~geekchic

Good to have you back :)

drownedglass said...

daniel:
LOL. Did you sing?

JL:
It is. And I'm sure I will :)

thompsonboy:
Actually I heard the first single and it's really ho-hum isn't it? I'm hoping the rest of the album is better.

But I do love her vocals. Deep and earthy ;)

makemeinthemood:
Oh my. Exquisite Corpse is probably one of her most disturbing works, and that's saying a lot since her works tend to challenge preconceptions. I preferred her other stories but of course, I'm a romantic and I prefer love to be requited more or less, rather than erm... digested...

Marcus:
Well, to me and my family, our ties are bound in the kitchen around and the dining table. Meals are a great way to bring people together.

savante:
Like, is my blog so negative? :P

Xav:
Haha. TQ

geekchic:
Like, I wasn't even gone, girl!!! ;)