Friday, March 16, 2007

The Emancipation of Me. ME!

As the old Nokia ad went, "Ah... it's lovely". And such a lovely day it turned out to be.

Never mind the lack of sleep (it was actually worth it).

Never mind having to carry dusty boxes, drag grimy equipment, and stain my nails black (I've fallen behind on my weight training and this is more butch than gym).

Never mind the heat wave that has transformed the valley into a perversely gigantic oven (notice our tourism officials have avoided the popular 'melting pot' term lately).

Never mind even all the pestering I will face over the next two months.

I've expressed my intentions - short, sweet and succinct. Notice has been given.

I'm officially on my way out and I am happy about that. Very happy indeed.

;-)

12 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! So what are your plans?

executorlouis said...

All the best, whatever your next step may be! :)

Little Prince said...

you resigned huh...?

Anonymous said...

you will have a very miserable two months before u can taste the sweetness...

:p

Sam said...

Did you just move out to a new apartment or something?

savante said...

OMG. So what are your plans next?

Anonymous said...

~~~~~~~~~~~geekchic

Congratulations! Let's have a virtual date and drinks one of these nights! :)

Anonymous said...

so r u gonna take a break b4 starting the new job? (assuming u are changing job la...)

Xav

MrBunnyBan said...

Change of job? Good luck with you future plans!

Janvier said...

Take a niiice long holiday!

Stephen said...

At first I thought, "new job" but it could be a new home, come to think of it.

Tell us more!

drownedglass said...

Thanks with all the well wishes, everyone! Although I'm sure many of you have been scratching your heads over what it is that's actually happening :P

Well, as most of you guessed - yes, I'm changing jobs. No, as some seem to think, I'm not changing careers. So nothing overly exciting, really. I'll be continuing down the same tiresome path of being an engiecentric peon, just (hopefully) less tiresome and definitely better prospects.

And no, I'm not moving out. For those who didn't know, the only person I'd have to serve a moving out notice to is ME ;-)