Thursday, September 21, 2006

Never Was A Cloudy Day

Do you remember the 21st night of September?
Earth Wind And Fire : September

To be honest, I don't have a very good memory. Facts and figures from my history books just slide off my brain cells like water off a duck's back. I tend to remember concepts better. And the tales of the Ainulindale and the Quenta Silmarillion (even though they're arguably from a history book as well). Oh and song lyrics dating all the way back to the '80s.

This is one of the primary reasons why I blog. I do remember many of the events of my life, though I would hardly be able to say how long ago it happened. Blogging to me is really a way of keeping my own little Book of Records. It does help. At least now I can put a timeline to what I've been through. Or at least what I've gone through since the start of 2005.

Take for example, a year ago. Thanks to blogging, I remember exactly where I was that day, what I did, and what kind of place I had to be winched down into. I remember hitting the gym for a quick shower that evening, and catching an eyeful of, erm, whatever it is people would catch an eyeful of in the showers of one the most notorious gyms in the valley. I even remember the exact condition of my skin that day.

I remember dinner. What I ate, who I ate with. I don't remember what is was we talked about (because I didn't blog about it). But I do remember that we laughed as much as we ate - which was a lot.

And I remember this - it was a fine day. A happy day. A very happy day.

6 Comments:

Jay said...

I know exactly what you mean.

I especially like that I've finally got a semi-permanent repository for all the random thoughts and memories floating in my head.

So... what made it such a happy day then?

Will said...

OMG I actually went through your archives lol. Kursus, wasn't it?

And I love that particular Earth, Wind and Fire song. LOVE IT.

savante said...

A kursus was a happy day? Well, I guess it any day away from work that revolves around sleeping and eating does constitute a happy day :)

Paul

AJ said...

It is funny for me that other people's posts are sometimes so clear in my head when I can't recall what I did last tuesday. Blogs do help with memory loss but they do add to the clutter of information....

drownedglass said...

Jay: It was basically a stress-free day. And KFC made for a particularly good ending to an already nice day :P

wingdman: LOL, you would, wouldn't you? Yeah, it was that particular post, and the song's rather apt :)

savante: AH. You get it too :D

aj: It's like that for me too. I still remember some posts from other people that are over a year old! Just don't ask me what are the assignments I completed at work this past week.

Anonymous said...

Hi there - I happened to see your blog about "September"...

I have a feeling that the significance of the "21st Day of September" may have something to do with Astrology - since the leader of the band was way into it...

I too have no idea what I was doing the 21st Day of September - for alot of my life... However, I love the song, so now I will have to try and remember what I am doing each September 21st from now on!

Have a good one!

Brian
MissPennsyltucky@yahoo.com