Saturday, February 21, 2009

Yeah, You PMS

As it turns out, a little PMS once in a while isn't a bad thing. Especially when you're having friends over for lunch and you don't wanna worry too much about preparing food (especially when you've got a messy apartment to worry about as well).

So here's an idea for an easy to make standalone meal - Processed Meat Spaghetti, which is what I called my spaghetti served with sausage, ham and bacon with spinach and mushrooms in a tomato cream sauce. Which pretty much describes every ingredient in there :P

First up, heat olive oil in a pot then brown chopped garlic and onions in it. Throw in sausages, ham and bacon (all sliced) and fry till just about cooked. Add sliced mushrooms and fry a little more.

Pour in tomato puree or diced tomatoes (I used both) and bring to a boil. Throw in baby spinach leaves then reduce heat till it's simmering slowly.

Stir in cream, season with herbs and chilli flakes to taste, return the sauce to a simmer, then turn off the fire.

Boil some spaghetti, dish spag onto plate, slop on the processed meat sauce, and there you go - a not entirely healthy yet well-rounded meal.

Bon apetit!


6 Comments:

Anonymous said...

And very tasty it was too. I also enjoyed the equally ingenious KFC spaghetti :)

J

drownedglass said...

Oh yes. I loved that KFC spag more than my own PMS! So much so I'm gonna steal the idea from the creators and make it for my next makan session, and I've even got a name for it - Aglio Colonio :P

Sam said...

KFC sells spag!? This I must see. :D

Looks easy to make, perhaps I'll whip up my own PMS one day when I'm starving. ;)

Anonymous said...

quite the jamie oliver, arent u?

Anonymous said...

Guess what I made for dinner tonight? :p

J

drownedglass said...

Sam:
Of course KFC does not sell it! Doubt they'd make a decent one. Hehe

b:
oh it's not quite difficult. You could make it. Heck, I think even J can make it :P

J:
You made PMS? Or Aglio Colonio? Hahaha. Did NM try?