Thursday, February 19, 2009

An Idle Idyll

There I was having a simple, non-fussy lunch of chap fan, and I looked about myself. At the airy roadside shack I was in. At the grass and trees that grew all around. And the folks sitting at the other tables with their small talk.

And I thought to myself: How idyllic this is, really. To be away from the hustle and bustle. Away from the incessant traffic. Away from all the drama.

It lasted for all of one minute, then I remembered how bored I am without overpriced cafes, international cuisine and a perpetual internet connection.

6 Comments:

MrBunnyBan said...

Er. Chap fan is a staple for office workers on the go. Idyllic meh? Where were you?

joshua said...

That is probably how I am gonna start feeling when I move to rustic Seremban this time next week :(

More of your later revelation, I am afraid!

I wanna see you soon!!! =)

Sam said...

Rustic Seremban. Hee hee hee.

I would be bored without perpetual internet connection as well, not so much international cuisine or overpriced cafes though - but I'm so dependent on the internet that if I go away too long, I get withdrawal symptoms.

I'm like... the Amy Winehouse of internet addiction.

Janvier said...

Agree with you about the internet, altho' what we're more worried is the amount of catching-up reading there is!

drownedglass said...

Ban:
It's also the staple for workers in the backlands of nowhere mah

joshua:
Haha. Will probably see you here then if you're not working wierd hours (which is a bit much to ask for, I realise) :P

Sam:
I know! I already feel like I'm in rehab

Janvier:
Truth be told, I hardly catch up these days as I know I just can't

Will said...

Don't you know the definition of idyllic?

Pretty boring.