Sunday, June 01, 2008

Recovery

Ughhh... Ahhh.... Ouchhh...

Surely early thirties is a little too early to be feeling aches and pains all over the body. Perhaps I may have become a tad too accustomed to a sedentary lifestyle. Probably also due to the extra baggage I carry around (not-so-lovingly referred to by an ex as my 'lifesaver').

Still, I guess I have an excuse. After all, I did spend the whole week out at site. No, I did not have to do physical labour. But I did have to wake up extra early to go clock in a day's worth of standing under the sun or in the rain or whatever else our recent inclement weather dictated by the quarter-hour.

Yes, stand. The whole day. Looking at other people do menial labour.Telling other people to do menial labour. And kowtowing to the client every two to three hours.

Yes, very rough and tough work it was.

All that, and still I faithfully dragged my ass over to the gym. Apparently standing around at site does not burn fat.

What could burn fat would be a preview class for the upcoming BodyJam 45. As expected, the studio was indecently packed, which meant it was hotter than usual (in terms of temperature, not, most unfortunately, in terms of the crowd).

There was a whole lot less oxygen to go round as well. Halfway through, I couldn't decide if I was going to faint or puke, but a minute's breather cured me of that (early thirties is not that old after all!). At the end of it, there wasn't a stitch of my clothing that wasn't saturated with sweat (all of it mine... I hope).

As for the jamming itself, can't say much. I get the feeling this will be one of those sessions where you've had enough of it by the third class. True, there are some pretty fun and wicked moves here and there, but mostly it's just a bit blah.

Well, with all that activity packed into six days, the only thing I wanted to do on Sunday was this:


Stay in. Sleep. Laze. Sit in the massage chair. Vegetate.

I love this plan.

Say goodnight, Boris. We're going to bed.

5 Comments:

savante said...

Wah, jalan masuk bilik pun ada posing :) Shall I assume the bear's named Boris?

Corgant said...

Checkered Boxers!! Gotta Luv em guys!! :)

Spot said...

We had pretty much the same weekend, just replace the sitting in massage chair with 'watch 12 episodes of Bones and 2 movies'.

Kit said...

ok i've not read your post yet but i had just had to comment about the picture. ooo so cute. so very cute.

Wandernut said...

Nightnight, Boris!!
Oh, and you too Weesh! :)