Friday, March 14, 2008

Weathering Storms & Living Long

Been meaning to post sooner but sigh, it's been raining, it's been pouring, and me love life's been boring me to tears...


But I digress.

Meteoroligical and political storms aside, my parents have been squatting in my "loft" for half a week. So of course, there's been a little loss of privacy, and zero gym time for me.

On the plus side, my house is spick and span, even the fans and windows have been cleaned, my goodness. The laundry gets folded up neatly, and all the shirts and even t-shirts get ironed. There's breakfast waiting before I leave for work and dinner greeting me when I get home.

Sigh, but it's back to living like the slob I am now.

Sob sob.

Here's a token picture of food.


Mee sua, or longevity noodles, customary meal for chinese people celebrating their birthday (yes, for us, it's almost always about either prosperity or longevity, preferably both). As it so happened, my chinese lunar birthday fell exactly one week after my roman calendar birthday.

Which reminds me... happy belated birthday, darling!

5 Comments:

Ganymede said...

Ah the miracle of mommy and daddy. :P

Ooo happy belated lunar bday to you. :)

Little Prince said...

this is officially a food blog. LOLs.

joshua said...

I am SO not looking forward to my 'birthdays' in the coming months.

anyways, I love being home around mum too! every household chore is completed like magic!

ironically she keeps complaining about me being fat yet she stuffs me with all the glorious food =S

Anonymous said...

aww that's sweet, all the way to KL to cook for you...

savante said...

Food, glorious food. You know it had to be said.

But hey you get longevity noodles for birthdays, so do I.