Sunday, March 02, 2008

Make Mine Meat

MMM...

Marvelous. Mouthwatering. Merriment.

MMM...

Meat. Meat. And (ohIthinkI'vediedandgonetocarnivoreheaven) More meat!

This is what Sundays are about. Crawling out of bed at ten, heading over to a posh address for a spot of brunch with a bunch of friends. Brunch that consists of processed cows, pigs and lambs. Oh yum.

This might have been how we agreed on it:

Me: Let's have dinner on Wednesday.
Nut: I got a cramped sole.
Snowie: Spot's sprained her back.
Spot: That's cos you didn't milk my udders for over a month.
Wingedman: I've got plans to go gambol about among the tulips, wearing clogs... and only clogs.
Me: ... Erm... okay... how about a carnivore's brunch on Sunday then? I heard good things about this place...
Nut: Ooh... that place is AMAZING!
Snowie: Count me in!
Spot: Moo too!
Wingedman: Omg I'll hijack the next flight out and meet you guys there...

Well, I did say that might have been how it went...

Unfortunately (or perhaps, fortunately) Wingedman did not manage to hijack a plane. Maybe he overslept or something. But the rest of us followed the scent of burning fats all the way to Fogal's Meat Market at Plaza Damas, and gathered over a mighty big meal of mmmeat.

When they say it's a Big BBQ Breakfast, they weren't kidding about the BIG. It's seriously big enough to feed two adults with healthy appetites. Even adults with appetites as healthy as mine. Two steaks, two sausages, two grilled tomatoes, bacon, egg, hash brown, toast and mushroom, literally topped with butter (see that pack of SCS sitting on the bread?).

The two couples at the table, of course, each happily shared a plate of mass murder.

Sigh, it would seem that the tyranny of St. Valentine continues beyond February.

Poor single me, having no one to spread the fats with, had to forgo all that, and instead, settled for just a plate of french toast and bacon.

With a side of hash browns.

And a pig sausage.

And oh, a plate of mushrooms as well.

Which turned out to be a mini big breakfast, anyway.

Spot and Snowie (bless the cow's multiple stomachs) had enough room to squeeze in a dessert, which they very nicely offered me a wee bite. Now I'm no fan of dates (the fig... and perhaps, to a much lesser extent, the experience as well) but this sticky date pudding is absolutely dreamy.

Nut had promised the presence of hot, young, blond-haired, blue-eyed Aryans, waiting on us. Unfortunately, they weren't there that day, though there was a cute, dark-skinned fellow who greeted me and showed me to my table. In the end, it didn't matter - I was too busy eating.

In between the munching, there was also much chatting and laughing. This is definitely the kind of Sunday I love waking up to.

Anyway, I had a really good time. And thanks again, Spot and Snowie, for the wonderful treat!

Remember peeps, it's MMM... Meat Market at Mont Kiara.

(Okay, technically it's Sri Hartamas, but that doesn't start with an M)

:P

11 Comments:

Janvier said...

We absolutely love the place! A definite meat-lover's heaven!

Little Prince said...

evil. always the food. grrs.

we called lan kwai fong in hk meat market. cuz literally that's where the body meets for a night of fun~

Little Prince said...

... we here means friends and i. ain't turning into janvier. :P

Ganymede said...

OMG!

*droool

Must go eat!

Wandernut said...

:D
yuMMMy!!

Jay said...

Yikes, I can feel my arteries clogging up...

...and my mouth watering.

adrien said...

omg. banyaknye lembu and kengkawans.

Spot said...

Is it only me who thinks that the sticky date pudding picture looks a bit rude?

That is one damn good phone camera quality!!!

Shout-out to D's mum's t-shirt. :)

And finally...Jay! This place was waaaay much better than Alexis. Just compare the mushrooms. :D

savante said...

Milking her udders? Muahahaha.

drownedglass said...

Janvier:
Amen!

Daniel Henry:
We wondered... :P

Queer Ranter:
Must! Must!

Wandernut:
Oh yeah, you can say that again, girl.

Jay:
I know, I feel fat just by looking at the pics...

Actually it's because I ate all that :P

adrien:
Yalah, all terkorban for the sake of tetummy kami

Spot:
I think so too. In fact, all the desserts we had together look rude...

And yes, wave hi to D's Mum's Tee!

savante:
You'd have to ask Snowie about that ;-)

Anonymous said...

that is just so wrong...