Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Gettin' Piggy With It (Na Na Na Na Na Na Na)

If I had been bugged the last few days, this probably would be what you'd hear.

munch munch munch munch munch munch munch munch

googoogaagaa aboodoodoo how? how?

munch munch munch munch

snore...

[repeat]

[and keep repeating for about four days]


Daniece likes to point.

She points here, there, everywhere, and at almost everything. The princess wants, the princess demands!

Or maybe she's seen too much of that Sophie Ellis Bextor music video...

I want that one!


Here's a secret to staying young.

Don't get married.

Ancient Chinese customs say he (or she) who is not married is still a child. Being considered a child, of course, has its perks, especially during the Chinese New Year. After all, it is the time when all unmarried people are eligible. I meant for receiving ang pows la!


However...

The ang pows you get will also likely come from a pile of generic kid's ang pow, ie. one that is filled with one dollar notes. Probably not many of those in each packet, either. And all that, after having to listen to the "You must get married" talk - not because they have your best interests at heart, not because they expect you to carry on the family name and honour thy ancestors, but simply because "I don't want to give you any more ang pow next year!".

Also, as I found out, many people have no qualms about squashing centuries of culture and tradition, when they realise you're not about to get married any time soon (or any time at all). And your brother's had a baby, meaning the next generation has arrived. I know it's only the fourth day of new year but seriously, IS THAT ALL I'M GETTING???


But there is more than one way to be prosperous.

Unfortunately, I've headed down the Miraculously Expanding Waistline Way. Well, it is the Year of the Pig, and we have to honour the patron animal of the year...


So I made an offering.

I meant besides my sanity, my stomach and my soul.

Really.

I made a Peanut Butter Cheesecake to share with everyone. Yes, I do know how to spread some sin around. This was the second time I tried doing this and I thought it turned out better than the first. At least it tasted like cheese this time, and not just peanut butter.

Turned out everyone in my family would have preferred it to taste of less cheese and more peanut butter. Still, everyone loved it. Despite not having seconds. Especially when they heard that a big part of it was condensed milk.

Sin sin sin. Now served on a flowery porcelain plate.

I am officially fat now.


So why am I here blogging?

That means I'm sitting. Worse, I'm SNACKING! Heaven forbid!

I should be in the gym! Like, right now!

Oh wait... I haven't had my dinner. Maybe tomorrow then...

11 Comments:

savante said...

Save yourself! Send some cheesecake over here!

Anonymous said...

sounds like a good time! happy CNY!

Xav

thompsonboy said...

I shall restrain myself from eating for at least two weeks. At least.

William said...

Screw the rich CNY food, I'm craving a light, "clear" Teochew porridge like now... my poor tummy...

joshua said...

and i have been sitting here at home, waiting for u to drag me along to gym as well...

i am officially a fatso already too!

pakcik said...

oh..this got to be the funniest entry lar. eh..didnt know ur peanut butter cheesecake look so freaking nice.

..can cook for me that cake at my house tak??

hallo. if you fat, im even fatter than you lar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Janvier said...

That picture of sin is absolutely tempting. Whatmore with loads of condensed milk. Arg arg arg Secret Recipe/Ms Read Delicious here we come...

mARCus said...

babe, i miss your cheesecake...

drownedglass said...

savante:
Gimme your postal address and expect some mush to arrive next month :-)

Xav:
Eating's ALWAYS a good time. Too good, in fact...

thompsonboy:
What? You're skinny! From what I could tell la...

William:
Teochew porridge is only light if you have it by itself and maybe that preserved vege thingy. It's a different matter if you have it with fatty 'sam zhan' pork and fried egg and salted vege...

Hmm... I want Teochew porridge now :-P

joshua:
Don't wait. Call! I'm sure you're just too busy reading your smugg.. I mean IMPORTED mags.

pakcik:
Does it look nice? It was lumps of goo that were quickly melting in this heatwave.

By the way, this is my blog and no one is allowed to be fatter than me in my own blog, OK? :P

Janvier:
LOL. I'd go for Bakerzine for ultimate sin. Hehe

mARCus:
Oh but there's so much more to miss than just the cheesecake :P

Sam said...

I need a workout. >.>

Someone help me please!!!

MrBunnyBan said...

Cheeeeeeesecake. Mraaaaaagh.