Sunday, January 14, 2007

Brand New Year, Same Old Me

Two weeks into '07 and I'm actually getting a start into the new year. Things have been a little out of whack lately but now I'm finally settling back into my routine - which really consists of little more than shuttling between work, gym and home... and of course, the occassional shopping.

And then it struck me - routines are just so... routine! To steal a line from a chick called Babs, "Me life flashed before me eyes... it was boring!"

I never thought I'd be stealing epiphanies from a claymated chicken with the brains of a... chicken.

Maybe I shouldn't be in a hurry to get back into routine so soon. Hmm... isn't Chinese New Year around the corner? I think I'll go start making more plans I'll never see through :P

I don't care if it hurts
I want to have control
I want a perfect body
I want a perfect soul
I want you to notice when I'm not around
You're so fucking special
I wish I was special
Creep : Radiohead

6 Comments:

daniel henry said...

sometimes routine can do you good... no need to think too much... otherwise you would have to keep on planning your schedules... can be so hectic... mmm... but whatever it is... hope it works out for you la
;o)

Anonymous said...

Routine not necessary has to be repetitive mundane chores. Throw in a little random act of kindness, a tad of self indulgence and lots of spontaneity will definitely spice things up. Cheers to a fun filled 2007 :)

savante said...

GASP! I remember Babs, the brilliant brave chicken!

MrBunnyBan said...

Wah, you are so disciplined...

Anonymous said...

Hi WS, sorry my comment is totally unrelated to your blog. I seem to remember you had an entry about Melbourne some time back. Well, my whole family of 10adults, 2 toddlers and 1 baby will be going there next month and I wonder if you could have some recommendations (any at all)? Would appreciate if you could email me at gini_tan@yahoo.com Thanks! genieqt

drownedglass said...

danielhenry:
Yeah, routine is good in the sense you don't have to think about it. But I'm keeping my eyes open in case anything fabulous comes into my vicinity :D

JL:
You do realise that random's the opposite of routine, don't you? :P

savante:
Can't be sure if I got the name right. It's the brilliantly daft one, wasn't it?

Ban:
DISCIPLINED?

genieqt:
Hey there! You may not have realised this but I haven't been to Melbourne in like, 8 years... but you know what, I'll see what I can dig up for you :)