Sunday, December 24, 2006

Year's End

It's that time of year again. When it all draws to a close, yet again. It's a time of feasting and dancing, and laughing and sales-hopping.

Sometimes I wonder if we lose ourselves in all the celebration and merriment so that we don't have to actually think about how another year has gone by. And how much faster time flies year by year.

So in between the frenetic festivities, I'm going to try and find a little time for myself and well, perhaps not exactly soul searching, but it might be good to do a little personal spring cleaning -
taking another look at the good times, putting behind the bad times, and let go of things that need letting go. Hopefully, lah!

I'm not one for resolutions - never any good with them. But at my age, it's probably a good idea to have a think about where I'm at and where I'm going. There's a lot to be done. I'll just have to take it one step at a time. And the turning of the year is always a good time to make that first step.

Anyway, hope everyone out there is enjoying the year end with all its specials. Here's a song to close the year with...


I'd like to build the world a home and furnish it with love
Grow apple trees and honey bees and snow-white turtle doves
I'd like to teach the world to sing in perfect harmony
I'd like to hold it in my arms and keep it company

(It's the song I hear) I'd like to teach the world to sing
(That the world sings today) In perfect harmony
I'd like to teach the world to sing in perfect harmony

New Seekers : I'd Like To Teach The World To Sing (In Perfect Harmony)



May the new year bring with it a little more joy, a pinch more of peace, and a whole lot more of love. Happy holidays, each and every one!

16 Comments:

ash said...

waahhh.. new year new template ah?
Merry Christmas and blessed new year to you too dude!

Little Prince said...

happy holidays!!!
;)

savante said...

Sweet, pensive and just like you. Have a blessed Christmas, my friend.

darn ed said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
darn ed said...

Happy Holidays ahead, mister !

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas and a Blessed New Year! :)

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas and a Blessed New Year! :)

Will said...

Meery Xmas honey! Love the new minimalist look, but a bit too severe donchu think? And where's your links!?

drownedglass said...

ash:
Well it's not exactly the new year yet so... it's just something I put up for fun la :)

daniel:
Thanks. Same to you!

Paul:
Blessed be, my friend

darn ed:
I was thinking why you suddenly called me 'miser' then I realised I read that wrong. Hehe. Happy hols!

JL:
Same to you. Same to you.

wingedman:
Well it wouldn't be minimalist if it weren't severe and with a whole list of links now, would it?

Anyway it's just a temporary thing. For the year end and all that :P

mt said...

Merry Christmas and a nice layout you have. Have a blessed new year too.

yw[2k] said...

I guess we both have more or less, the same time of Christmas this time around. One filled with thoughts and reflections.

Merry (Belated) Christmas and Happy New Year!

Stephen said...

Something about the new theme, and the tone of the first few lines, made me think you were doing a Jay for a moment. Phew.

Belated Merry Christmas and all the best for 2007.

khalel said...

Your nominated in the G* Spot Award.

Goodluck!

http://khalelian.blogspot.com for more details.

executorlouis said...

The minimalist look is very interesting, if a bit solemn. ;)

Thanks for the well wishes and may the new year bring lots of joy and love into your life too!

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year! May you have a great year ahead

MrBunnyBan said...

Happy new year! Perfect harmony and all that. :P