Wednesday, December 03, 2008

I Still Feel The Same?

In the spirit of nostalgia, I've been revisiting music from the 80's. I know, I know - of all eras! But there's some guilty pleasure lurking in there, getting reacquainted with the likes of Debbie, Tiffany and PSB.

But dear god, never did I think I'd get back into ultra-cheesy SAW-manufactured pop. Like, I was innocently listening to the radio in my car the other day, and before I knew it, I was gaily (yes, gaily!) singing along with Kylie and Jason. Somewhere in the back of mind, a small voice was saying, "What are you doing?" but it was like I was possessed and I simply couldn't, wouldn't stop.

Guess I must have been extra chirpy that particular evening.


Especially for you
I wanna tell you I was feeling that way too
And if dreams were wings, you know
I would have flown to you
To be where you are
No matter how far...
Kylie Minogue & Jason Donovan : Especially For You

5 Comments:

savante said...

Sure I loved Debbie but PSB? Who's that?

Kit said...

No more dreaming about tomorrow,
Forget the loneliness and the sorrow,
I've got to say it's all because of you and now we're back together....

damn now the tune is in my head! thanks! haha

Spot said...

PSB = Pet Shop Boys....savante, how can??!!!

Especially For You plays in my car VERY often. :) In mitigation I must stress that it's filed in the folder named "Sap".

drownedglass said...

savante:
I was waiting for someone to answer that for me, haha. As Spot said... HOW CAN??!!!

Kit:
I always love to share the evil :D

Spot:
Mitigation schitigation. It's even more incriminating that you have a folder named "Sap" playing so often in your car.

And for your benefit, I'm assuming "Sap" is english and not cantonese...

Wandernut said...

C'mon let's do the locomotion!!!!