Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Hit Me Baby One More Time!

Breaking news: I'm an uncle. Again!

And it's a BOY!

Not to be sexist or anything, but when three of your closest cousins and your own brother have collectively produced seven girls, it's kind of refreshing to find a baby boy in the family. Finally, I can shop beyond dresses and start looking at shirts, Legos (admittedly girls can play that too, but my niece is still a bit young, and the other girls just wanna be pretty princesses) and Transformers!

Although, it's my firm (and probably heavily-biased) belief that every boy must have a teddy bear. Girls can have soft toys and dolls of any shape or species, but boys need bears :P

But as for right now, the thing I need to shop for is a full-moon gift. Bequeathing a baby boy with jewelery is a bit hard, so gotta think on this one. And I have one month to do it.

Nobody said being a fabulous uncle is easy.

P/S: Am glad my nephew was not born YESTERDAY!

8 Comments:

joshua said...

At least no one calls you, 'Khu Kong' yet okay.

I love my nephew. And he even has a photo blog (managed by his parents)

Congrats, btw!

P.s. I just attended a friend's 21st bday party on 1 April. Kakaka

yw[2k] said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Wandernut said...

But it's way harder to buy gifts for boys!! :) Congrats UNCLE! Kekeke

Anonymous said...

gong hei gong hei!
birthday on the 1st of april not bad wattt...
can say to ppl, "it's my birthday today, no really. it is. i'm not shitting you."

ash

Will said...

Congratulations! And it's not just little girls who want to be pretty princesses you know:)

As an uncle to 2 nephews, it can be really easy to buy for boys too. Toy cars, books, transformers, and yes, Lego-- anything mechanical and flashy is usually a safe bet.

savante said...

Congrats, man! Great to have a nephew. You can get matching sweaters like I did :P

Sam said...

My baby little sister was born yesterday also. But anyway - having a nephew doesn't mean you are exempted from memes.

TAG!

Glog said...

Congratulations...

Well, being an uncle is not short of an important job...
While gifts for the full moon may pose as an incredible feat, a simple "ang pao" may just solve the problem!!! But most of all, being part of the developement of the boy may be the best gift ever!!!