Sunday, April 13, 2008

Antara Sana Dengan Sini

I think of gelatis in winter at night.
Then I think of Teochew porridge in the wee hours of the day.

I think of books in parks on warm, sunny days.
And I think of lounging and lazing in my semi-complete apartment.

I think of how it rains any time, any day there.
I think of how it rains any time, any day here.

I think of trundling along in trams and trains.
Then I think of careening around in my very own car.

I think of the pools and their open showers.
And I think of our gyms and their cruisy saunas.

I think of the hot oriental boys you'd find over there.
I think of the hot oriental boys you'd find over here.

I think of cafe lattes, I think of teh tarik.
I think of pho, and also of bak kut teh.
I think of friends who are there, and friends who are here.

The Road goes ever on and on
Down from the door where it began
Now far ahead the Road has gone
And I must follow, if I can
Pursuing it with weary feet
Until it joins some larger way
Where many paths and errands meet
And whither then? I cannot say
J.R.R. Tolkien : Old Walking Song

And whither then? I cannot say.

7 Comments:

Spot said...

I find myself thinking along the same lines too, more so now that that sticker's pasted in my passport and the time's started running.

As long as one can find pockets of happiness wherever one is...it's never the wrong decision eh?

I hope. :)

Wandernut said...

Wah... so melon-colic.
:) How was the meet up yesterday?

Wandernut said...

Spottie: Adelaide? *blink blink*

qwazymonkey said...

Saya pun paham perasaan anda. Bila mau dinner?

savante said...

And now you have made me hungry again!

Kit said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kit said...

you're sure you are you, and you are not me? hmm