Monday, January 21, 2008

Pavement Cracks

It's wierd.

I was expecting the work pressure to take a sharp rise this week, and it definitely did. Thing is, I kinda welcome it as a chance to push my productivity up. And so it was I spent the day being busy, busy, busy - barely could keep myself on top of things what with the sudden craziness going on, but soldier on, I did.

So why was it when I knocked off and sat down for dinner, I found myself without an ounce of appetite? In case you don't know, not having an appetite is a sure sign of something wrong with me.

Yeah, I'm a little stressed. But stressed out? I didn't think I've reached that point yet, surely.

Maybe I'm just tired.

Maybe with the rut that was my previous job I was in, I had forgotten what it was like to actually care about getting the job done well.

Oh well, breath. And wipe that furrow off my brow. It's nothing I can't handle.

But for once, in a long, long time, I find myself thinking just how nice it would be to have someone to hold tonight.

The city streets are wet again with rain
But I'm walking just the same
Annie Lennox

7 Comments:

savante said...

Three updates in a day. You are spoiling us :) And we do so miss you.

Little Prince said...

:)

Anonymous said...

~~~~~~~~~geekchic

soldier on. and at the end of it, nothing like a cup of cafe latte along lygon st to chase the blues away.

*dusting out the spare mattress*

heheh

Janvier said...

Gasp. No appetite? Not even for comfort food?

Spot said...

That's, like, my favourite Annie Lennox album. Honestly is so...painful.

Wandernut said...

There, there...

Anonymous said...

just take IT easy...