Thursday, May 17, 2007

Release From Bondage (One More Time)

Saying goodbye is never an easy thing
But I never said I'd stay forever


Every now and then, there comes a point in our lives when we have to pack up our things and head on off to whatever comes next. It can be a sad, sentimental thing. And sometimes, we are forced to let go of things we don't want to lose.

Not today.

It felt great to clear my desk. To hand everything back. To walk out that door, and leave those shackles behind. For good.

Haven't felt this light for a long, long time. Feels terrific, being free and unfettered.

Well, bigger shackles await but there's the promise of better rewards too. In any case, I have a little bit of time to myself for the moment and I am so gonna bask in it while I can.

I. Am. Emancipated.

9 Comments:

Sam said...

Hope the next job promises even better than before! :) Good on ya mate! All the best! :D

Anonymous said...

Perhaps another beach holiday? Good Luck :)

Anonymous said...

~~~~~~~~~~geekchic

congratulations, darling. Here's to one chapter closed and another one begining :) all the best :)

Anonymous said...

we do deserve a little break off the chain.. just don't emancipated in your blog =)

Anonymous said...

Congrats, babe...im happy for ya...

savante said...

Good luck, man! Hey, since you're emancipated and all, call me for dinner.

Janvier said...

Enjoy living the life as a man of leisure!

daniel henry said...

YAYs!!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats! =)

PS: Coincidentally, your last day was the same as mine...=P