Friday, April 20, 2007

An Air Of Expectation

It is like a furnace.

The heat radiates from all around -from the walls, from the floor, from the ceiling. There is no reprieve.

I throw open my windows. All my windows, every single one. Still, there is no reprieve.

Not a breath of wind. In an atmosphere like this, the fans grant little comfort. The air is still. So, so still. It hovers - stifling, heavy, expectant.

Something is coming.

Something... dangerous. Something quite possibly terrifying.

On to other news...

My parents arrive later today.

8 Comments:

Anonymous said...

it's brilliantly sunny over here n wonderfully hot. gotta love it.

pakcik said...

la..ingatkan ape la..rupanya family nak datang rumah..ish..

William said...

If parents coming over causes candles to melt and paint to peel, then I for one stay in a furnace. Hehe.

savante said...

Why like that! Nice mah having parents over!

Anonymous said...

Haha, didnt know your parents make you sweat like that...

i hope they are not here to meet your groom-to-be...

:p

EarlGreyTea said...

hehe... how has the spot-check been so far?

Anonymous said...

~~~~~~~~~~~geekchic

mummy's cooking!!!! *slurp

drownedglass said...

k:
Hmmm... having grown up in these climes, I can't say hot is ever wonderful

pakcik:
la... apa lagi you ingat?

William:
You must be very well-baked then

savante:
Well, I did say "on other news"...
:P

Marc:
No lah. It's the weather. And perhaps you ;)

EarlGreyTea:
They've actually stayed away from my place. Probably don't want to be surprised by anything nasty

geekchic:
Actually, so far it's been cousin cooking. And I'm getting so fat I'm having trouble buttoning up my SHIRT!