Monday, March 23, 2009

Games In The Dark

I had a dream, I had an awesome dream
People in the park, playing games in the dark
Lionel Ritchie : Say You, Say Me


Yeah, Ritchie definitely hit on a fun idea back then. And perhaps it's one idea you could adopt - trolling an unlit park and uh... make new friends, come Saturday night.

That's right. Saturday night. If you didn't know already, it's Earth Hour this 28th March from 8:30 pm to 9:30 pm. One hour where the lights go off in a vote for Earth.

Of course, one might wonder what one is to do with all the lights off. Personally, I'd like to think one can have quite a bit of fun, besides visiting the park. Here are a few ideas off the top of my head:

1. Get your neighbours to switch off their lights too, and everyone can bermesra down by the pool and barbeque pit with some candles and guitar.

2. Invite friends over to your place, light some candles and get drunk silly.

3. Get creative and take photos in the darkness.

4. Go to bed early. Preferably with some one.

5. Head to your local sauna and hang around in the dark room.

Haven't figured out what my plans for the night would be. Maybe look for some Earth Hour friendly establishment to chill out in. So, what will YOU be doing?

5 Comments:

savante said...

Unfortunately I might be at work :) And I doubt they'd appreciate me turning off the lights over there!

Wandernut said...

I'm trying to organise something with my friends. But most of them are not remotely 'green'. It's gonna be tough heheheeh...

Sam said...

I'm going to head down to the city to watch the lights all go off. I think it'll be great - pure awesomeness! :)

drownedglass said...

savante:
Why not? It'll be FUNNN!

Wandernut:
Hijack your friends' lights :D

Sam:
Cool. Though I wonder if that would really happen...

b said...

it was quite a nice candle-lit night actually... :p

we had choc fondue while playing skip-bo!