Wednesday, November 26, 2008

If Wishes Came True

Naughty or nice? With X'mas less than a month away, I guess now's a good time to talk about the things I've been wishing for. Surely I deserve them, for I've been nice. Well, maybe I've been naughty too but we're talking about being naughty in nice ways ;-)



1. Things that make me go awww...

I'll start this easy. Despite being thirtysomething, I'm not ashamed of being still in touch with my inner Calvin. So wickedly adorable stuff like this raunchy reindeer is always welcome. Feel free to buy one for me, at kidrobot.com :D


2. A better bedfellow

I've said time and time again, I'm fine sleeping without air-conditioning. But the sad fact is, I'm a rare breed (rare enough to ask WWF for help, I warrant), and people who'd want to sleep with me, more often than not, aren't so cool about sweaty sex in an unchilled room. So it looks like, sooner or later, I gotta hook up an aircon in the bedroom, for the sake of nuzzling, cuddling and "dot dot dot". Of course, an Energy Star rated one would be good - save money, save the world! I suppose I could afford to get one but there are so many other things clamouring for my hard-earned money. Things like...


3. A 3G WiFi phone with GPS

Like, so much of my life is online these days I'd even be chatting with friends around the table and have side conversations online with those same people! Most phones would get you online but WiFi gets you online for free (when you're in a hotspot anyway). Unfortunately, there aren't too many models boasting WiFi and even less come bundled with A-GPS - not exactly necessary, but I've seen how well it works first hand, and it helps for people like me who like to get off the beaten track in the hunt for nice shots. Of course, shots like that would be best captured with the use of...


4. A Digital Single-Lens Reflex camera

And it's gotta be a Nikon! Don't get me wrong, I love my less-than-a-year-old P60, but obviously I can do so much more with a DSLR. And I'm getting so into taking photos I'm starting to feel like I wouldn't really mind lugging the baby around wherever I go.These things come with a hefty price tag, though, and that's before all the extra lens and accessories. The cost of D40 with kit lens alone would pay for the air tickets to get me to...


5. Melbourne

I so wanna go back there again, even though I've heard about how much it's changed. But somehow, something stopped me from hopping onto the free air ticket bandwagon. Probably I was worried about my work schedule, and the expenses I'd incur. But now I know it was really the holding out in the hope of a better offer. Something like cheap tickets to...


6. London

Yup, I've been wishing for this for almost two years! And as of today, it's officially OFF my wishlist. Although I had to be my own genie in this case and pay for my own air tickets, and I'm taking chances here by flying long-haul on budget air. Still worried about my work schedule and expenses, but ah heck, screw them! Just in case though, I'm updating this wish from "tickets to London" to "sponsors for accomodation, meals and transport".

*BIG HINT to all you people in London* :P


Bonus: World Peace

I really do want world peace! Joystick, peace and love!

8 Comments:

J.L said...

i got a long list of wish list.

But i try my best to fulfill it.

savante said...

I love the raunchy reindeer too!

And hey, you'll love love love London!

Anonymous said...

u mean you sacrificed AC for London? you're so not getting laid for a long long time...

:p

Reszurrecdito M. d'Saintner said...

Cute reindeer toy stuff!

qwazymonkey said...

Hahaha...London's calling eh? Well while you're happily enduring the 13hrs low cost flight, we'll be low-costing to Melbourne. So let's swap pics when we get back!

When you're going again?

p/s: I'm agreeing with B on the a/c thing! U're so not getting laid, well at least here in KL. U can start hooking up in London!

Anonymous said...

I pau accomodation in Melbourne. You fly air asia over lor :) :) :) :)

You just need to get a Zone 1 + 2 ticket to travel to the city, though

Kit said...

sweaty dot, dot, dot can be fun too. just change the sheets in the morning.

drownedglass said...

Chester:
Yeah, we all do. Though sometimes it would be nice if such things just fell from the sky (well, not LITERALLY)

savante:
Oh I really hope so :P

b:
That's what YOU think. Or rather, that's what you wish. Hehe

Manpriedo d'Saintner:
It is, isn't it?

qwazymonkey:
Oh I do intend to hookup in London *evil laugh*

geekchic:
Yay! Maybe in another two years :P

Kit:
Yeah, but in the meantime I'd have to sleep in it...