Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Humidity

The air is thick, as though drenched in sticky, sour sweat. And it has nothing to do with my being in the gym.

First, it was months of daily downpours in the season for dry spells. Now the rains seem to have stopped, only to be replaced by this heaviness. Heat. Humidity.

These are the humdrum days.

In the afternoons, you just want to sit your air-conditioned office. Unfortunately, my table is brilliantly located in the air-conditioning's blind spot, so I'd have to get up every five minutes or my arms would otherwise be glued to the desk by the sweat seeping through my pores.

In the nights, well, these are nights you wouldn't want to cuddle up in bed. Which oddly works out well for me - there's no one to cuddle me anyway.

May. So this be your mayhem, O mischievous May.

1 Comment:

Anonymous said...

are u kidding me, im loving may...