Saturday, October 18, 2008

Keeping Life Simple

Being over thirty is certainly not over-the-hill, but still I can feel I'm not so young anymore. Two consecutive nights of disco-dancing last weekend had left me quite exhausted and susceptible to minor ailments. Heck, even two consecutive nights of potluck parties is leaving me a little worn out.

Which is why, I would suppose that it's just as well there's nothing much going on in my life right now. Well, that's not exactly true since work's been keeping pretty occupied. But it still adds up to the fact that I don't have much of a life.

So whatever life goals I might have had are now shelved away and collecting dust somewhere in some forgotten corner. Only two things occupy me these days:

1. Eating

2. Boy-watching

Luckily for me, I can normally count on having good company for either (or, more often than not, both). Best of all, it's served with freeflow gossip and bottomless bitching.

So I say thank you for the gossip
The scandals I'm bitching
Thanks for all the joy they're bringing
Who can live without it?
I ask in all honesty
What would we be?
Without a rumour or some slander, what are we?
So I say thank you for the gossip
For giving it to me

1 Comment:

Anonymous said...

well go make life more interesting then! stop lamenting already...

:p